The Falcon Tapes, Part II
Click here to listen to the second MP3 file (~10 MB) from the interview. I apologize again for the poor quality of the recording, but I think the topics Joe covers make it all worthwhile:
- Definition of "gunsel"
- Definition of "gooseberry lay"
- The Flitcraft story and it's purpose in the novel
- Where the name Flitcraft comes from
- Why Bridget O'Shaughnessy talks fast
- How Gores came to write the novel Hammett
- The research Gores did on Maltese Falcon locations
Next up, what Lillian Hellman thought of the novel Hammett and Francis Ford Coppola's plan to make a movie out of it.